Want to receive updates?


Note: If you wish to receive updates then 'follow this page' by joining this site and also drop a mail: niteen.dharmawat@gmail.com

You can follow me at: Twitter and Slideshare: www.slideshare.net/ndharmawat

.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Indian equity market performance in election year - challenges and drivers (2018)

Hi,


2018 is a special year. It is a pre-election year. This presentation covers analysis of last 7 Loksabha spanning over 25+ years. It talks about various challenges and drivers during the election year and how the markets performed.

I did this analysis 5 years ago on pre-election year performance of the market. The market was hovering around 18500-19000 levels that time. Many were predicting that it will go down to 12,000. However, it went off exactly I talked about in my presentation. The market gave 22% return in 2014 election year. 

I see current situation no different. There is always an uncertainty about the future and fear of unknown. The fear could be legitimate as we have seen the huge market up move during the last couple of quarters. 

I have updated my presentation with the performance of 2014 and with current numbers. Will this year be different from others, only time will tell us?

You can access the copy of the presentation here.

As always, I eagerly look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
Niteen S Dharmawat
Twitter: @niteen_india

No comments: